When told you need a new AC system, your heart will most likely sink. No one wants to here that but if you are told that here are five quick tips to ensure a better AC replacement buying experience.
1. Make sure the recommendation comes with substantiation on why the replacement is needed. If given a laundry list of parts that are bad from a spring maintenance check be cautious. Mrs. Jones, you need $1150 in repairs and that’s a great down payment toward a new system. NOTE: Most technicians doing spring checks get paid on commission for upselling parts and repairs to you. PriceMyAC.com doesn’t pay commissions!
2. If given a proposal for a new system, make sure they disclose all costs. PriceMyAC.com provides you a detailed statement of work, a list of all parts needed, the equipment costs, labor hours, rate, overheads, profit and sales taxes etc….everything. Don’t accept a price, insist on seeing detailed cost disclosure, otherwise they may be hiding behind the contract
3. Warranties on the new system. Make sure you know if your getting a 3rd party warranty, a company warranty or a manufacture warranty. It makes a difference. Company warranties are the worst ones and leave you vulnerable. PriceMyAC.com uses 3rd party and manufacture warranties.
4. Rebates: They look enticing but a rebate is a mark up followed by a giveback of your own money. PriceMyAC.com does not believe in this practice.
5. Installation Guarantee: Anyone can guarantee anything, however, what’s that guarantee worth when you need it most? PriceMyAC.com is a Bryant Factory Authorized Dealer (FAD). Bryant supports our pledge to make you happy by backing us in offering a 100% satisfaction guarantee. If its not backed by the manufacture of the equipment, then your not getting the full story.