Best AC Repair Services in Phoenix, Tempe & Greater-Metro Area
During our sweltering Arizona summers, air conditioning is not optional. In 2020 alone, Arizona had 144 days with more than 100-degree temperatures. This kind of heat isn’t just uncomfortable. It can be dangerous, especially for children, pets, and the elderly. Therefore, you need confidence that your AC will be serviced to keep it running through the heat of the summer, and that AC repairs will be prompt and effective. If you need a new unit, you need to know that you are getting the best possible deal, without the inconvenience of spending days or even weeks shopping around.
With PriceMyAC.com, you’ll know that your AC is serviced for the utmost energy efficiency to keep your bills low and that repairs will keep your AC running even through the hottest days of the year. If you need a new unit, you can feel good about what you pay without having to spend a lot of time and effort shopping around, since we disclose every detail of our pricing, including our profits. Ask our competitors to do this; they just won’t!
AC Repair Phoenix AZ & Greater-Metro Area including Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, Gilbert, Sun Lakes, Goodyear, Queen Creek, and more.
Air conditioning services include:
- AC Repair Phoenix and Installation that’s thorough and transparent. Check out our reviews and see for yourself.
- Emergency Cooling Services when it’s triple digits outside. We’ll get your home cool again as quickly as possible.
- 2 Years Free Maintenance with New System Installs. We stand behind our new unit installations with two years of free maintenance. No one else provides this service.
- Indoor Air Quality checks and improvements to the air you breathe in your home or office.
- Regularly Scheduled Maintenance (or a “ac tune up”) is critical to ensuring that your unit has a long life. See our Maintenance Plan options for free, twice-annual maintenance.
- Ductwork and Vent AC Repair Phoenix, and Installation can have a tremendous impact on your AC’s efficiency and comfort.
- Home Zoning Systems provide efficient, area-controlled comfort.
- De-Humidification for a more comfortable home or office.
- AC Repair Phoenix. We will do everything we can do to keep your unit running, until it can’t. Check out our Five star reviews on Google and Yelp.
- Programmable Thermostats to reduce monthly energy bill.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee! Everything we do is covered by a 100% satisfaction guarantee. Your satisfaction is of the utmost important to us.
Do you need repairs to your air conditioning or a new system? New system quotes and AC Repair Phoenix, Tempe, Queen Creek, Sun Lakes and the Greater-metro area
You can call, text, send us your information from our appointment page, or schedule your appointment right now with our easy online scheduling tool. We will provide whatever you need without any expensive servicing that you don’t need. Contact us today to get quick AC service at the best prices around.
Our teams can be available if you need an emergency air conditioning repair in Phoenix, Tempe, Sun Lakes, Queen Creek and the Greater-metro area, or if you find that your AC unit isn’t working as well as it should be. We service all brands and models of AC units. We pride ourselves on a quick turnaround time on all of our repairs. Check out our great customer reviews and see for yourself.
Whether your AC unit just needs a little bit of love (e.g., maintenance), significant AC repair Phoenix, AC tune-up, or a complete replacement, you can trust PriceMyAC.com to ensure that your air conditioning unit is running as efficiently as possible. We’ll let you know what’s going wrong with your AC and make it right while avoiding unnecessary, costly repairs that may be suggested by other AC companies.
Tempstar, Rheem, Bosch and American Standard are our preferred brands.
We are happy to buy, service, and install any brand of AC that you like, but Tempstar, Rheem, Bosch and American Standard are our equipment of choice for four reasons:
- They have superior reliability compared to other brands.
- Stocking warranty parts from these companies mean that we can eliminate waiting periods for repairs.
- These brands can be trusted to honor warranties for all of their parts.
- These brands have superior technology in their equipment which is second to no other provider.
As a Tempstar Elite Dealer we can offer two years additional manufacturers warranty for free. That’s 12 years instead of 10 years!
We repair & service air conditioner systems of all makes and models.
Our professional, well-trained air conditioning repair experts can work on, install, and maintain all makes and models. We are one of the most trusted AC Repair Phoenix Companies, and the Greater Metro area, backed by Five Star Reviews. Our staff will come to your house with the most up-to-date tools and equipment to provide a thorough diagnosis and repair of your air conditioner system. You can trust us to be there quickly and do excellent work at a reasonable cost when you have an issue with your air conditioning unit.
All of our technicians are required to complete 40 hours of online technical and customer service training each year. Investing in our employees is a cornerstone of our longevity and customer retention.
What makes us the best ac repair company in Phoenix, Tempe & the Valley
- Responding to service requests as soon as possible
- Excellent and prompt customer service
- Attention to detail
- Customer-first. We listen and answer any questions you may have
- Provide the best service possible
- Our technicians have the required tools for the repair and installation work
- We carry 4 times the state required, minimum liability insurance and stand behind our work with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
Our comprehensive maintenance service checklist ensures effectiveness and longevity for your air conditioning system.
- Check and clean the condenser coils
- Check and clean the drain line and drain pan
- To avoid water overflow, check and clean the condensate drains
- Check for Freon leaks in the coil and connections
- Examine and test the capacitors for dangerous leaks
- Replace air filter (customer supplied)
- Make sure there is adequate airflow through all of the supply vents
- Check for any blockages in the heat exchangers
- Check the condition of the crankcase heater
- Scrutinize, inspect and test all safety systems
- Check all pumps and auxiliary equipment for functioning
- Make sure the reversing valve is in good working order
- Check for overheating, corrosion, and other damage
- Clean, repair, and spray all controls and switches as needed
- Check thermostat accuracy and replace batteries if applicable
- Examine all electrical components for proper function
- Repair any necessary wire connections
- Check all relays for proper functioning
- Check the running amperage of the compressor
- Document motor amperages to allow future comparisons
- Check refrigerant pressures and optimize refrigerant charge
- Check the temperatures of the coils and check for a temperature drop across them
- Make ductwork recommendations as needed to optimize airflow
- Inspect evaporator and blower assembly, and make recommendations for deep cleaning as needed. (A dirty evaporator and blower assembly can reduce system efficiency by as much as 30%.)
How much do air conditioner repairs cost in Phoenix, Arizona?
The most common repairs are capacitors, contactors, and outdoor fan motors. The capacitor would cost approximately $288, whereas a fan motor is approximately$928. With any repair, it’s critical to check the entire system for correlated damage, and not just replace the most obvious part for repair.
How much does it cost to replace an air conditioner in Arizona?
The cost of replacement depends on 4 things: Brand of equipment, size (cooling capacity), efficiency (SEER), and where the system is located. A small, 2 ton 14 SEER package unit would generally run about $4,500 whereas 5-ton package unit would cost over $13,000. At PriceMyAC.com we disclose 100% of all install costs, including our profits, so you know the price isn’t padded and can make an informed decision.
How often you should get air conditioning unit service in phoenix, AZ?
The key to system longevity is maintenance. Systems in Arizona should be checked twice a year – Spring and Fall - because of the extreme heat. Manufacturers require one visit annually or you will void the warranty.
Do you provide any long-term maintenance for ac unit in Phoenix, AZ?
Yes, long-term maintenance includes deep cleanings of the coils and the blower in the air handler. The best way to keep long-term maintenance costs low is by having one of our maintenance plans, which includes Spring and Fall maintenance checks for free. Maintenance plans renew each year for long-term coverage unless canceled by the customer.
What areas do you cover for ac repair service in the Phoenix, AZ region?
We service the entire greater-Phoenix metro area. Our trucks are stocked with parts to fix the majority of repairs needed. If a part is under a manufacturer warranty, we will go get those parts for our customer and only charge for labor.
How can I keep my air conditioner working for a long time in Phoenix, AZ?
Proper maintenance and cleanings. Most people are afraid to call for maintenance because they get hit with a huge list of repairs. Having a maintenance plan with PriceMyAC.com will eliminate any shock for repairs.
Is it an emergency to have AC repair work done?
Anytime there is high heat and the AC goes out it can be dangerous, especially for elderly, pets and young children. The faster the system is repaired the faster everyone can get back to normal. At PriceMyAC.com we prioritize our calls to help those most susceptible to high heat when their AC unit fails.
What is covered in AC servicing?
Virtually every aspect of the system should be inspected. Electrical parts are the most critical since electrical issues cause most repairs. Contactors can be burned, capacitors used to start motors can be failing, bad wire terminals can show signs of heating, relays can respond slow, wires can rub and cause shorts and refrigerant leaks, etc. Also, coils that are heavily loaded with dirt and grime need chemical cleaning to release the dirt and grime. Never agree to an ACID wash.
How to repair a leaking air-conditioner coil in Phoenix, Arizona?
It depends. Some coils can be repaired because it’s a straightforward leak that can be fixed. Most coil leaks occur from corrosion which is not repairable and requires either replacement of that part or whole system replacement. Depending upon the severity of the leak a product known as Leak Stop may seal microcracks and keep the system running for another year or two.
What's the cost of an Air Conditioner Compressor Repair in Tempe, Arizona?
Depends. If the compressor failure is with the older R22 freon, a new system is needed. The cost varies by brand and type of compressor (i.e., single-stage compressor, 2 stage compressor or variable speed compressor). The average cost of replacing an air conditioner single-stage compressor starts at $2,400. The compressor components, refrigerants, new filter drier (most AC companies skip this), and nitrogen purge testing account for almost 85% of the costs. Labor makes up the balance
How long does an ac repair in Tempe, Arizona, take?
AC repairs vary based on the extent of the issue. Most common repairs can be done within 1 to 2 hours. However, if more extensive repairs or multiple repairs are needed it could take longer. We stock the trucks with almost all items for the common repairs, it’s a warehouse on wheels.
How much does emergency AC repair cost in Phoenix, AZ?
We do not have added charges for weekend or holiday repairs. Only a diagnostic service fee is required, the same as repairs performed during standard business hours. If you are a Maintenance Plan Member the diagnostic fee is waived or discounted depending on your plan.